A personal blog...By Alicia Gutierrez-Balmer

Saturday 9 April 2022

My First Day in Korea timeline & Video!!...





















My first day in Korea after quarantine!! Yayy!! This day was great! So, let's get right on to it!!

Video here 

I got picked up at midnight from my quarantine hotel by taxi! The cost was 60.000 Korean won, and it was arranged by my quarantine hotel (The Marina Bay in Gimpo)! Before the taxi was there, I was freaking out about my Korean speaking skills being good, so I made sure I brushed up on my Korean a few hours before :D! Turns out I didn't really use what I studied. The taxi driver met by flashing his cell phone screen with my name on it and I said the usual greetings in Korean! He was very polite and told me my Korean was very good haha!! I was rather proud! As my driver put my luggage in the back of the car, he told me in English to please get in the car, and so I did as it was pouring down. As I got in the car and he drove It hit me, " I'm in Korea'!! I looked out the windows and took the sights in and talked to the taxi driver with my broken Korean and his broken English, it was fun! 

Once I finally got in my flat, I was exhausted but also very happy! The start of my Korean adventure had started. I believe I went to sleep around 3am and woke up at 6.30am! 

Once I was ready, I decided I needed to go to the nearest convenience store, which was 7/11 and only 3 mins away from my flat. Once I was there, I was overwhelmed by the coffee choices and food choices. I ended up getting cold latte, ramen, and express Nescafe! The convenience store clerk was rather lovely, and I also asked her for a T-MONEY card and put 20.000 kw.

After I finished my breakfast, I ventured out to find a Daiso, and Olive young near my area which was Jonggak Station. I had no idea where I was going to be honest, all I remember was the quick google search I had done. So I just went straight and did find a Daiso after a 10 min walk. Daiso didn't disappoint, but was rather overwhelmed at the variety of things. I ended buying some stuff for the kids for when i got home, also some eyelash glue (which didn't work), face masks, and can't quite remember what else! After that I went to the flat.

Finished getting ready and went over to meet my friend Julie and JJ. So I made my way to the subway station, sudden subway flashbacks from London, but here was much better and cleaner! I headed straight to the Information office to make sure I about the train I needed to take. The information lady was lovely and very helpful. As I headed downstairs it was surreal to think that after all this time I was finally in Korea and by myself. I waited for my train and looked around feeling rather happy. As I got in the train I immediately started people watching, most people were on their phones! I got off at my stop and changed trains. I waited for Julie outside the train station.

It was so bizarre but cool to finally see Julie and JJ again, but this time in Seoul, Korea. We walked around and the sights were beautiful and it was ana amzing feeling to finally be out here and explore and experience Seoul. After eating we ventured o the Women's University, then walked more and also had some dessert. I was super full by the end. I was with Julie for a few hours and after that I left home as I was due to meet another friend at 5pm. 

I went to the flat to retouch my make up a little and change to flat shoes. 30 mins late I was out and met my friend for the very first time after being online friends for almost 3 years. When I met him it was very comfortable to call see him as a friend. I thought he was a nice person, but the 2nd day changed that. I went to eat chiken and beer and later on wlaked the streets of Myeongdong. And finished the night by having some udon. I was walked back to my flat and that's how the night finished. I thought that had been a very good day, and it truly was!! My first official day in Korea was over and was feeling rather happy. 


That's it for now, more to come very soon!! :)


Alicia xoxo



SHARE:
Blog Design Created by pipdig