A personal blog...By Alicia Gutierrez-Balmer

Monday 17 July 2023

It's Days like this...

 












Well, hello there!

It's been a long time since I last posted here! It's been a long time since I last sat down and shared my feelings with you all! I have missed you terribly! Though I know it's hard to believe! Let me fill in the blanks!


I'm back from Korea, again! It feels nice to say 'AGAIN'! Korea has become a country I want to spend more time in, a country which I'm growing to love more and more every day. Why?! I can't quite explain, it's a mixture of the culture, and the way I feel when I'm there! (More on that another time). Never in a million years did I think there would be a country I love so much without having it being part of my blood, i.e. England! Korea came to my attention when my sister introduced to me " In my twenties" or " Age of Youth" a drama which introduced to us the life of 4 girls in their 20's trying to navigate thru life in South Korea, a country to me back then which was relatively unknown. This series made me see a glimpse of struggles and what life is like in Korea for girls. Even though it's a drama and we all know dramas are not 100% accurate, it made me curious! And that curiosity led to a discovery of a new country and culture for me. A culture with a few similarities to that of my parents; Mexican culture. A more conservative culture though. One I still have a few struggles with. The struggle or struggles part will probably need to have a blog post of its own! 

I have officially made the decision a few months ago to become a content creator for Korean culture and my lifestyle. I'm trying to combine my passions, fashion and Korean culture! I'm still struggling to find the right balance and right way of doing it, but I'm getting there. And I know I will do it! I just got to get out of my own way! Which is kind of hard. I get all these ideas and then just don't manage to execute on them! I get overwhelmed suddenly, and all these ideas get written down and they don't come to fruition! Maybe, just maybe I self-sabotaged! So, this is why I'm here, because this what I have been wanting to do, something I wanted to come back to, for a long time now. But, not just that, this is a way of holding myself accountable for doing what I want to do! Blogging, vlogging, creating content and sharing my thoughts with you all! I'm a person that keeps her word, so now that this is written I know I will follow through.

So here I am, back to where it all started! Just with a few changes we all saw coming! Hope you join me on this journey and let me show you a few glimpses of my life now that Korea is part of it! It feels good to be back!!! :)))

Above you will find my latest vlogs in Korea and a direct link to my YouTube channel! let me know what you what to see more of :)


Alicia xoxo 




SHARE:
Blog Design Created by pipdig